Due to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, today March 26th, 2020, the Health & Welfare Board of Trustees have taken unprecedented action to ensure qualifying Participants do not lose Health & Welfare Plan coverage.
COVID-19 Hours – Effective April 30, 2020 to sunset as of April 30, 2022
A lump sum of 300 COVID-19 hours will be granted by the Trustees to qualifying Participants and is limited to one award per participant.
As of April 30, 2020, if:
- Reserve bank hours are less than 600 hours, 300 COVID-19 hours will be awarded to continue coverage through July 31, 2020.
- Reserve bank hours are more than 600 hours, 300 COVID-19 hours will be awarded as of the Eligibility Quarter in which reserve bank falls below 600 hours. Any hours not awarded as of the sunset date will be forfeited.
Who is Included?
- All qualified Participants eligible for the February 1, 2020 through April 30, 2020 Benefit Quarter under H/G/GR coverage (unless excluded below)
- Must be covered by an Alumni Agreement, Collective Bargaining Agreement, or Participation Agreement
Who is Excluded?
- Participants whose coverage is not based on an hourly employer contribution rate (for example, premium based Active M coverage)
- Active and Retiree Participants covered through COBRA continuation coverage
- Retirees who are eligible based on an Active Eligibility Earned award (SPD Article 12, Section12.7.)
- Retirees who have been awarded Social Security Disability Award (SSDA) and running out reserve bank
- Participants who are eligible through Disability Credit Hours (SPD Article 23, Section 23.1.)
- Dependents continuing coverage through Surviving Dependent Extension when running out reserve bank (SPD Article 22, Section 22.1.)